High performing organizations that are thriving in today's chaotic world are adapting and pioneering a wide variety of highly decentralized structures. They are giving up control of people so that people can control their own and the organization's destiny.As my experience management career i have given people high degree of autonomy. I have run even small organizations to the point of such inefficient decentralization that people are running their own show.There are some reasons, they are as follows.
- Every can see and manage their work as part of a whole, interconnected system, not a bunch part.
- People are trusted and treated as responsible,caring and committed adults which is they cab behave.
- A collection of small self contained teams or business units are many times more flexible and responsive at meeting threats and capitalizing on opportunities.
- Ownership, commitment, energy and passion levels are much higher.
- Everyone focuses on meeting customers.
- Bureaucratic committees become entrepreneurial teams.
- People have more control over their work.etc.