After the organization takes decision to enhance the quality of its products, another decision should be taken, how to implement the decision. The quality of goods and services is an important issues which all the business organization have to face. Total quality management is the entire effort made by an organization to enhance the quality of goods and services. The total quality management pays special attention to satisfy the wants of costumers. The total quality management creates committed culture within the organization for regular improvement in all sectors.
Components of total quality management.
following are the major components of TQM.
- Strategic commitment- Total quality management is the commitment made by high management. It becomes important for many reasons. Such commitment takes quality as the goals of the organization but not as an ideal.
- Employees involvement- Employees involvement is the another important components of total quality management. The management should give right job to right persons and make them responsible for the job. Training should be given them as needed because it is decisive factors to bring improvement in goods and services.
- Materials- The other important factors of total quality management is materials. The quality of product depends upon the quality of raw materials used in production. If the materials of high quality, the quality of products also becomes higher.
- Technology- New technology also becomes useful in total quality management. High level technology produces high quality goods and services and maintains uniformity and reliability.
- Methods- The another important components of total quality management is methods. Improved methods increases quality of goods and services. The operating system used in process of transforming raw materials into finished goods id called method.